The Samurai Training Program is our premier online training program made for self-reliant individuals who want to become proficient at wielding a Japanese katana (sword) and who want to establish a strong foundation while practicing the mechanics of cutting. The easy-to-follow Learning Objectives section teach practical technique and its application to develop consistency in swordsmanship. The Performance Requirements section is your guideline for testing and ranking. The Wood and Steel sword sections create your foundation in this training program. During your training don’t overthink the process and keep your mind clear.
In other words just:
- Observe the training materials and media.
- Practice the prescribed tasks, techniques, and protocol.
- Demonstrate the techniques in a progress video.
- Review the critiqued progress video and continue to practice
Here is what you will learn:
- Gripping & Hand placement
- Kiai = Breath Control
- Posture & Demeanor
- Stances & Footwork
- Drawing and Sheathing
- Striking & Cutting Angles
- Focal Points & Guidelines
- Movements & Transitions
- Anatomy of the Sword
- Technique Training
- Culture & Ritual
- Toyama-Ryu Kata Series
- Tameshigiri test cutting
You can follow along at a snail’s pace or workout 24/7. Whatever path you choose is up to you…sign up and begin your journey. All my schooling, training and costs in Japan were very reasonable thus I endeavor to keep your fees to a minimum.
$1 dollar per day includes all the benefits below:
- Unlimited media access to Learn-the-Sword
- Consultation with Shihan Abbott
- Video critiques and corrections
- Access to over 175 secure training/tutorial videos
- Study materials and media needed are provided online
- The complete Toyama-Ryu system at your fingertips.
- Price: $30.00 /month You will be paying through PayPal. You can also pay through PayPal using your credit card.